We have a communications staff working throughout the summer to take pictures, make videos, and write blogs to help share the camp experience with you while your kids are at OSRUI!
In particular, we know that parents love to see pictures of their kids while they are at camp. Our goal is to give you a taste of what our campers are experiencing, not to document each child’s experience. In order to explain a little more about what this means, here is some additional information about photos:
- Photos are uploaded daily, 6 days a week. We don’t upload on Shabbat. Occasionally we may have to skip a day due to internet or technical issues. If that happens we’ll post on the OSRUI Parents Facebook page to let you know.
- We have staff members whose only job is to take photos and upload them to CampInTouch. But we don’t have counselors or other staff tasked with taking photos; we want them interacting with your children, not taking pictures of them!
- We upload 200-300 photos per day, and we do our best to get photos of every unit.
- Some kids always jump in front of the camper; others really shy away from it. We don’t force children to be in a photo; if you don’t see a photo of your child, that may be why.
- Please don’t offer to reward your child for every photo they are in. We want our campers actively enjoying their camp experience, not searching for the photographer so they can get in a picture.
- If you see a photo of a smiling group, and your child isn’t smiling, that probably means … nothing. We’ve all been caught in a photo like that! Please don’t worry.
- If you are concerned about your child, please call the office and ask to speak with a member of the Camper Care team. They will be happy to check on your child and get back to you. 262-567-6277.
We will do our best to share the camp experience your child is having with you during the summer and we know your kids look forward to seeing you at the end of the session and sharing all about camp with you too!
P.S. This comic made us laugh and we wanted to share it: