Dear OSRUI 2020 camper families,
Monday is a VERY big day… (how big is it?) Monday is our first ever VIRTUAL OPENING DAY! All year, we have been looking forward to welcoming you to our physical camp home and even though we won’t be able to do it in person this year, we still want to spend June 15th with you!
Our usual Opening Day at camp includes a lunch of hot dogs (or veggie dogs), cookies, and lemonade. We gather at the Bitan (pavilion) for our opening ceremony during which we eat apples and honey and say the Shehechiyanu to kickoff the beginning of our summer together. And, of course, we hear exciting updates about what is to come this summer.
On Monday, celebrate opening day with us in the following ways:
- Wear your favorite OSRUI swag!
- Enjoy a hot dog lunch at home and share a photo with us! Use the hashtag #OSRUI2020 and tag us on Facebook or Instagram. We will begin our Opening Day program with a slideshow of your photos.
- Join us for the Opening Ceremony at 3pm Central on Monday, June 15! The OSRUI team will kick off the summer, we’ll hear some unit cheers, sing together, and share some sweetness! We will also announce many of the exciting programs we have planned throughout the rest of the summer. Please register beforehand at bit.ly/OSRUIopeningday
- Have some apples and honey available during the program so we can all share in the sweetness of our community and the sweetness that lies ahead throughout the summer.
In addition to our opening day festivities, we will be having virtual activities all summer long! You will hear more about our summer plans on Opening Day, but before then, here are a couple opportunities to join us!
- Sunday is our first Campfire on Tour Concert! Each Sunday evening from June 14th until August 23rd, we will be participating in a live concert series of some of the best musicians in Jewish music!
- You can also keep an eye out this Friday for our second SGN: Shabbat Good News! You’ll hear updates from around the community, as well as a sneak preview of some of our summer programming. If you have a joyous occasion you want to share with the OSRUI community, submit it here!
Solly, Beth, Dylan, Alex and Debbie